In the mid 1980s, women’s shelters in the province of Manitoba began to work together to provide support, reduce the isolation of shelter directors, and stop the competition between shelters for funding dollars. The organization evolved, and was incorporated in 1991 as The Manitoba Association of Women’s Shelters. Membership includes nine provincially funded women’s shelters as well as several affiliate members working on the area of family violence. MAWS was created to provide: support to member shelters; increased negotiating abilities with funders; shared information and resources; increased public awareness, training of staff and improved services for clients.
We are excited to be working with @zipRAISE, the gift card fundraising website where shopping means giving. zipRAISE allows you to shop with your favorite brands, while raising money for MAWS. See the website for more information and thanks for your support! http://maws.zipraise.com/
Click on the zipRaise logo to visit the website.
- Select a charity to support, where purchases made from their page will support their cause.
- Select desired gift cards. The “%” displayed is the percentage passed on to the charity.
- ‘Add to Cart’ and ‘Checkout’ to make your purchase.
- Enter email, shipping, shipping method and billing information.
- Receive email confirmation with receipt.
- Receive gift cards by mail within days!
A SPECIAL THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS CONTRIBUTED TO
MAWS, INCLUDING OUR SPONSORS:
RCMP- for sponsoring the 2012 Breakfast with the Guys